Deli salads are a strange thing. I grew up going to potlucks and family gatherings where people just loved to mix miscellaneous savory ingredients with mayonnaise and call it a salad. Of course, I’ve never been too much a fan of deli salads … that is until I tried my recipe for super awesome fauxtato salad with sweet potatoes! Since then, I’ve been on the hunt for lightened up versions of classic deli salads, and this is yet another success.
Basically, you can throw whatever random produce you have in this and it will be good. Trust me … these ingredients may seem like an unlikely combination, but the sweetness of the raisins and saltiness of bacon along with crunchy, fresh vegetables all mix together to form one heck of a delicious broccoli salad. Helllloooo spring.
- 1 head broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup cooked crumbled turkey bacon
- Honey Yogurt Dressing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup plain Greek nonfat yogurt
- pepper, to taste
- In a large serving bowl, add broccoli and all remaining salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together. Toss dressing with vegetables.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.