If you have yet to try chia seed pudding, I think now is the perfect time to start! I’m tellin’ ya … it tastes very similar to pudding and is gluten-free, paleo-friendly, and all around a healthy breakfast, dessert, or snack. My Banana Chia Pudding was so popular that I decided to create another summer flavor – strawberry shortcake! Fresh strawberries add an amazing fruity flavor while the vanilla almond milk and honey make it sweet enough to taste like one of my favorite summer desserts.
Make a big batch of this Strawberry Shortcake Chia Seed Pudding for on-the-go lunches or an after-dinner sweet treat.
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond, coconut or dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Honey, to taste (optional)
- Place the strawberries in your blender or food processer and blend well.
- Pour the strawberries and remaining ingredients in a bowl and stir. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Add more almond milk based on preferred consistency. Garnish with fresh strawberries. Enjoy!