An amazing leftover chili recipe that’s perfect for brunch or breakfast for dinner. Chicken Chili Cheese Omelet is a cheesy omelet stuffed with chicken chili and cheddar cheese.
Whenever I’m feeling lazy and don’t want to cook, I always turn to B for D. Breakfast for dinner is the perfect solution when you’re cooking for one because a. breakfast food is super quick and easy b. eggs, waffles, pancakes, etc can always be made for one or saved for later and c. it’s delicious! Especially if you never had time to make a good breakfast before work in the mornings, splurge on breakfast for dinner!
I had some leftover Skinny Crockpot Chicken Chili and needed to repurpose it into something that I hadn’t already eaten multiple bowls of, so this Chicken Chili Cheese Omelet was the perfect recipe. I love savory breakfasts, and this omelet is the perfect combination of fluffy eggs, slightly spicy chicken chili, and gooey cheese.
Chicken Chili Cheese Omelet can be made with any leftover chili, but I definitely recommend my Skinny Crockpot Chicken Chili because it’s super duper easy to make a large batch that is guaranteed to produce leftovers.
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup leftover chicken chili
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray an 8-inch pan with cooking spray and heat on medium-high heat. Meanwhile, beat the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Once the pan is hot, pour in the eggs and cover the lid until the top is set.
- If the chili is straight from the fridge, reheat in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Once the egg is set on top, carefully flip it over in the pan. Spread chili over the egg, then top with cheese.
- Fold the omelet over and cook for 1 minute more until the cheese is melted.
- *If you prefer not to flip the omelet, you may place it under the broiler in the oven for a couple minutes until it sets