This Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup is an easy soup recipe the whole family will love!
Hey look, it’s another tortellini soup recipe! I think I’m obsessed.
I’m also very upset with the weather here in the Midwest. I just got done bragging about my weekend in 80-degree Cabo, and now I’m ankles deep in snow in the middle of March.
And I bet nobody is even a little bit tired of hearing people complain about this winter storm by now, right?!
Okay, so let’s move on to this Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup shall we? You may all be in Spring mode, but I’m still over here like gimme soup or gimme snuggies.
Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup is a deliciously creamy soup that’s packed with chicken and tortellini … so you pretty much can’t get a more filling or more comforting soup recipe.
I love that this soup comes together quickly and can satisfy even the pickiest eaters (rule of thumb: if my step dad and brother go back for seconds, you KNOW you’ve got a hit on your hands).
Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup definitely passed the seconds test.
I’m a true believer that you can never have too many easy soup recipes for these cold winter nights, and Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup is definitely a keeper.
Call me crazy, but I’ll probably even be making this all Spring long. It’s that good!
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (12-ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 bag (5-ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup 2% milk (you can also use cream or half-and-half)
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter. Add the chicken cubes and cook in a single layer until no longer pink. Remove and set aside. (You can also buy grocery store rotisserie chicken and shred it).
- In the same pan, add carrots, onion and garlic. Saute until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Next, stir in flour until it's incorporated. Slowly add the chicken broth, whisking as you pour.
- Bring soup to a boil. Add frozen tortellini and continue cooking over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until tortellini is cooked al dente.
- Add cooked chicken, spinach, and milk. Bring the soup back to a boil and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and let stand 5 minutes.