Apple Chia Seed Jam is a recipe for how to make chia seed jam that can be made with any fruit!
It’s that time of year again! Do you remember that fun stage of your life in your 20’s when you moved apartments every single year? Yup, that’s the stage I currently can’t seem to graduate from.
Which means I’m moving 2.4 miles away in Chicago’s Old Town neighborhood in exactly one week!
Have I started packing? No. Will I be traveling all week? Yes. So that leaves one day home to accomplish an entire week’s worth of packing. Yay for procrastination!
Until then, I’ll be making my way through a big jar of Apple Chia Seed Jam!
Since I learned how to make chia seed jam, it’s one of my favorite things to make homemade. It’s super quick and easy, plus it has a fraction of the sugar that store bought Jam has.
Apple Chia Seed Jam is a great way to use up extra apples, but you can substitute apples for any fruit!
The chia seeds expand and create a jelly-like consistency, so you don’t have to use sugar to create that thick, spreadable texture!
My aunt sent me home with a loaf of homemade bread last week, so I knew right then what I was going to be making.
I love serving this with almond butter on toast, or throwing a big spoonful in my smoothies, or stirring some into Greek yogurt.
The chia seeds provide an extra punch of filling fiber that keeps me full until lunch!
So, next time you’re feeling inspired to make homemade jam, try this Apple Chia Seed Jam recipe. It’s almost impossible to mess up!
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice or water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey, agave, maple syrup, to taste (I used maple syrup)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- In a stock pot, cook the apples until they break down and get soft, about 10 minutes.
- Off the heat, add apple juice, lemon juice and maple syrup (or other sweetener). Stir in chia seeds.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the apple mixture until it's as smooth or chunky as you like. (You can also use a masher or blender for this step).
- Stir in apple pie spice and let sit for about 5 minutes until it thickens.
- Store in an air tight container in your refrigerator.