5-Ingredient Chicken Mozzarella Pasta is a quick, easy and lightened up pasta recipe with chicken, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and truRoots Ancient Grain Pasta.
Is there any meal more comforting than pasta? Growing up, my dad would host a pasta night every Sunday in which we’d always have the same meal: mostaccioli with marinara sauce, garlic bread and a Caesar salad.
Now I no longer have a metabolism the speed of lightning, but I just can’t give up those comforting pasta dishes I have always loved.
So, I challenged myself to come up with a lighter pasta recipe, and since I discovered this dish I’ve been making it at least once a month since! This 5-Ingredient Chicken Mozzarella Pasta is a super simple and lighter pasta recipe that uses truRoots Ancient Grain Spaghetti for a gluten-free meal.
truRoots pasta is made from a unique blend of quality ingredients, but it doesn’t taste much different from regular white or wheat pasta. It’s completely gluten-free, so if you’re sensitive to gluten your tummy will love this brand.
I absolutely love fresh mozzarella, which is part of the reason why this is my favorite pasta recipe. It’s like a caprese salad, but in pasta form!
There are just 5 ingredients you need to make 5-Ingredient Chicken Mozzarella Pasta (I don’t count seasoning or olive oil because you probably always have those on hand!). The sauce is made of a simple combination of olive oil, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and Italian seasonings, so there isn’t any added sugar or salt that you often find in store-bought sauces.
This 5-Ingredient Chicken Mozzarella Pasta recipe is as easy as cooking the chicken and the tomatoes … then just throw together the cooked pasta, mozzarella and fresh basil and dinner is served! The tomatoes cook down to form a delicious sauce, and the mozzarella cheese gets nice and melty.
5-Ingredient Chicken Mozzarella Pasta is a delicious yet simple dinner idea that’s perfect for weeknights when you don’t have time or effort to cook.
If you’re like me and crave a comforting pasta recipe, give this lightened up version with truRoots Ancient Grain Spaghetti a try!
- 1 package (8oz) truRoots Ancient Grains Spaghetti
- 1 chicken breast, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 container (10 ounces) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup mozzarella pearls, halved
- Fresh basil, to taste
- Prepare the spaghetti according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle the chicken breast on each side with salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings. Cook the chicken on both sides until no longer pink. Remove, slice into pieces, and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add remaining olive oil, garlic and cherry tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes are soft and begin to break apart.
- Add in the pasta, chicken, remaining Italian seasoning, and mozzarella pearls and stir to combine. Cook another 3 minutes until the mozzarella starts to melt a bit.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of truRoots. The opinions and text are all mine.