This Peanut Chicken Stir Fry Meal Prep Bowl is a healthy meal prep recipe you can make ahead of time!
Does the meal prep bowl recipes limit exist? I really hope not, because I can’t stop won’t stop.
This recipe for Peanut Chicken Stir Fry Meal Prep Bowl is actually one that I’ve been making since college. I really love a good stir fry recipe when I’m feeling lazy and just need to meet my vegetable quota with something other than a salad.
This peanut chicken stir fry takes it a step further with a delicious peanut sauce that’s super easy to make using pantry staples you probably already have on hand.
I love stir fry as a meal prep recipe because it reheats wonderfully and it seriously takes less than 20 minutes to make a week’s worth of lunches.
I typically serve stir fry over cauliflower rice, but you can also serve it over brown rice or quinoa … or just eat it by itself!
Then, just pack it all up in meal prep containers (I use these ones), refrigerate, and grab a container when you head out the door! Boom, you’ve got healthy work lunches ready to go.
Don’t forget to also check out more of my healthy meal prep bowls recipes:
- Easy Chicken Meal Prep Bowls: 5 Ways
- Make-Ahead Breakfast Meal Prep Bowls: 4 Ways
- Chinese Lemon Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
- 4 Healthy Snack Box Ideas
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 bag frozen stir fry vegetables
- Olive oil for cooking
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower rice (or rice 1/2 head of cauliflower)
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large wok or skillet. Cook chicken until no longer pink. Remove and set aside.
- Cook the frozen vegetables until done to your liking (5-7 minutes).
- Combine water, soy sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar, lemon juice, garlic and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Add the cooked chicken back to the wok with the vegetables and pour the peanut sauce over the mixture. Stir and cook until all ingredients combine.
- Divide the chicken stir fry among 4 food storage containers.
- Microwave the cauliflower rice according to package instructions. Divide among 4 food storage containers.
- Refrigerate and reheat when ready to eat.