This quick and easy soup recipe for 30-Minute Chicken Corn Chowder, combined with Jewel-Osco’s new home delivery service, is perfect for when you’re short on time.
This post is sponsored by Jewel-Osco. Opinions are my own.
It’s officially the beginning of the busy holiday season, and it’s times like these when I turn to my arsenal of the quickest and easiest dinner recipes I can make when I finally get home from work.
This 30-Minute Chicken Corn Chowder recipe is my go-to for busy weeks because it comes together in about 30 minutes and makes great leftovers to bring to work all week!
When I heard that Jewel-Osco was launching a new grocery delivery service, I was immediately so excited to try it out. I knew it would be a life-saver during busy season at work, and I was RIGHT! The last thing I want to do after work is stop at the grocery store, especially because I live in a city and don’t own a car … groceries can get heavy on that long walk home.
Getting my groceries delivered always sounded like a dream come true, but many delivery services included large membership fees I wasn’t willing to pay. I love that Jewel-Osco’s delivery fee is super affordable, plus if you plan to be home on a weekend for a four-hour chunk of time it’s typically FREE! You can choose same day delivery if you order by 1pm, or schedule a time slot for the future.
- 1-hour delivery window: $5.95 on purchases of $150 or more, $7.95 on purchases under $150
- 2-hour delivery window: $2.95 on purchases of $150 or more, $4.95 on purchases under $150
- 4-hour delivery window: typically FREE!
Here’s a list of what I buy almost every single week at the grocery store:
- Deli meat (turkey and salami) and provolone cheese – I’m the QUEEN of eating meat and cheese roll-ups for dinner when I’m super duper busy. Sometimes I add mustard and pickle.
- Fresh vegetables for roasting or sautéing – I usually buy what’s seasonal. This week was asparagus for sides, spaghetti squash to be topped with meat sauce, mushrooms for sautéing and spinach for smoothies, salads or egg scrambles.
- Apples and almond butter. This is one of my favorite snacks when I have a sweet tooth.
- Eggs – Hard boiled eggs are one of my favorite breakfasts. I put ketchup on them and get weird looks.
- La Croix and pinot noir. No need to explain this one.
One of my favorite features of Jewel-Osco’s delivery website is that it remembers your history so you can easily reorder the same items you’ve ordered in the past if you’re a repeater like me.
And of course, don’t forget to order the few simple ingredients needed for this 30-Minute Chicken Corn Chowder recipe.
If you choose to try out Jewel-Osco’s home delivery, here’s some coupon codes for you guys (good until 2/28/18:
- $25 Off + Free Delivery on your 1st order when you spend $100 or more (Promo Code: JEWEL)
- Free Delivery on your 1st order with $30 minimum purchase required (Promo Code: FREE)
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Jewel-Osco. The opinions and text are all mine.
Recipe inspired by My Recipes.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and minced
- 4 red potatoes, chopped into very small pieces (optional - it's great with or without!)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded or chopped
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
- Melt butter in a stock pot and add celery, onion, jalapeño and potatoes if using. Cook until onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour, salt and pepper, and thyme and stir to coat. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil and cook until thick, about 3-5 minutes. If you're using potatoes, cooking time might be a bit longer to get the potatoes soft.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to fit your taste.