This Slow Cooker Paleo Mexican Breakfast Casserole is a make-ahead paleo breakfast recipe that couldn’t be easier!
Being stung by a bee hurts.
Being stung by a bee when you’re in the presence of someone you’re trying to impress, and therefore can’t scream and cry like you want to …. is even worse.
I have successfully avoided those flying bundles of terror since I was probably 10 years old, and being stung again reminded me why they cause grown women to run and scream at concerts when one is spotted.
Parents – do not underestimate the pain your child endures if stung by these vicious creatures. The pain lasts all day and it’s not mild.
Luckily, nothing takes your mind off the fact that your arm looks diseased like a delicious paleo breakfast casserole!
Nobody ever said paleo food is pretty. But it can be surprisingly good! And easy to make. i.e. this Slow Cooker Paleo Mexican Breakfast Casserole.
This make-ahead paleo breakfast recipe is practically as easy as throwing all the ingredients in your slow cooker and letting it “bake” overnight! Just like that, you’ll wake up to breakfast for the entire week.
The beauty of this Slow Cooker Paleo Mexican Breakfast Casserole is that you can pretty much throw in any vegetables in your produce drawer. Then, add a little taco seasoning for flavor and even the veggie haters will love this breakfast casserole.
If you’re strict paleo, make your own taco seasoning or just a simple mixture of some salt, pepper, cumin and garlic powder.
Serve with a healthy dollop of guacamole and you’ve got yourself a meal that’s packed with protein and healthy fat to keep you going and going and going and …
- 1 sweet potato, cubed or shredded
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 pound turkey bacon
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning (or make your own if you're strict paleo!)
- Guacamole, salsa and jalapeno to garnish
- Fry turkey bacon in a skillet until crispy. Remove and set aside. Crumble when cool enough to touch.
- In the same skillet, cook the onions until they are soft.
- Transfer the bacon, onions, sweet potato, bell pepper, mushrooms and eggs to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle in your taco seasoning and stir again to dissolve.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours. Slice and serve with guacamole, salsa and jalapeno!