Chinese Lemon Chicken Meal Prep Bowls are a quick and healthy make-ahead recipe for work lunches!
Have I mentioned I leave for Italy in LESS THAN THREE WEEKS?!
I’m so stinkin’ excited to explore Italy for two whole weeks, but it means that I’m more than a little bit busy in the weeks leading up to two weeks off of work.
That’s part of the reason why I’m currently obsessed with meal prep recipes! (Can ya tell?!)
Chinese Lemon Chicken Meal Prep Bowls are probably one of my favorite chicken meal prep recipes because the flavor of this chicken is unbeatable.
There’s just something about a fresh lemon glaze that takes chicken to the next level and mixes really well with brown rice and vegetables.
You can pretty much use any vegetables you want in this recipe … I love broccoli and bell peppers so that’s my go-to.
Chinese Lemon Chicken Meal Prep Bowls can be made on a Sunday and refrigerated to enjoy all week for lunches! Just grab and go.
If meal prep recipes are as much of a life saver for you as they are for me, give these Chinese Lemon Chicken Meal Prep Bowls a try.
This can also be made for dinner to skip the pricey takeout!
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha, or to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 lemons, both juiced and 1 zested
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour or cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 red pepper, sliced and steamed
- Thinly-sliced green onions
- Add soy sauce, vinegar and sriracha to a large Ziploc bag. Add chicken and seal. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Add olive oil to a medium pan. Add drained chicken pieces to the pan in a single layer. Cook until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add chicken stock, lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, arrowroot powder, and ginger to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or just until it thickens.
- Add back in the chicken and stir to coat.
- Divide chicken, rice and red pepper between four meal prep bowls. Top with green onions.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat, then microwave 2 minutes. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382 Total Fat: 5g Sodium: 645mg Carbohydrates: 78g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 17g Protein: 7g