Peanut Butter Banana Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats is a delicious and healthy make-ahead breakfast recipe.
I have serious issues … with letting beautiful brown bananas go to waste. If I don’t eat bananas fast enough and they get overripe, I will find any excuse to use them.
Sometimes that means freezing them for green smoothies, or baking them into Paleo banana bread, or mashing them up to naturally sweeten my Instant Pot Steel cut oats!
Last month, I bought a bag of Bob’s Red Mill Steel cut oats at Costco that’s the size of a small child. Making them in my Instant Pot has become one of my new favorite make-ahead breakfast recipes.
I love Steel cut oats because they hold their texture while cooking and reheating. This recipe makes a batch big enough to pack for breakfasts all week.
Sometimes I find I have to add more almond milk while microwaving if they dry out overnight. Then, I top them with frozen berries, sliced almonds, or anything else I have in the fridge.
If you’re looking for an amazing breakfast meal prep recipe, give these Peanut Butter Banana Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats a try! There’s just nothing better than the combination of banana and peanut butter.
Shop the items featured in this post:
- 1 cup Steel cut oats
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of honey or pure maple syrup (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix mashed banana, peanut butter, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and honey or syrup if using.
- Spray your Instant Pot with nonstick spray.
- Layer in the oats, then the almond milk, then the banana mixture. Do not mix.
- Close, turn the vent to “sealing”, and set the Instant Pot to the porridge setting for 10 minutes.
- Allow the steam to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Turn the vent to “venting” position, and carefully open the Instant Pot.
- Stir the oats, divide into food storage containers, and store in the fridge.
- To serve from cold, add a splash of almond milk and microwave for 1 minute.