This Clean Eating Lemon Chicken Quinoa Soup comes together quickly and is an amazing new take on the classic chicken soup!
When the weather in Chicago drops below zero, clean eating soup recipes give me life.
This Clean Eating Lemon Chicken Quinoa Soup is an amazing new take on the age old chicken noodle soup recipe. With a zing of lemon flavor, plus carrots, kale and chicken … not only is this recipe super delicious, but it’s also super good for you.
What’s even better, is all you need is about 30 minutes to make this piping hot pot of soup the whole family will love.
I like this soup so much that I froze a portion of it JUST so that I can thaw it if I happen to get the sniffles this winter. How’s that for planning ahead? #independentwoman
Clean Eating Lemon Chicken Quinoa Soup seriously is one of the best clean eating soup recipes I’ve tried. Plus, it can be made with either cooked chicken (like leftovers from a roasted chicken or rotisserie chicken from the grocery store), or raw.
You can also make this recipe in a slow cooker if you’re pressed for time. Just cook the vegetables and add all ingredients but kale to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, making sure the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the kale and presto!
See all that glorious goodness? I wish I could take a bath right in that pot and eat all the soup for every meal.
Make this Clean Eating Lemon Chicken Quinoa Soup next time you’re looking for a clean eating soup recipe that’s perfect for work lunches, easy to freeze, and can even transform into a slow cooker recipe.
What could be better? (Well … besides summer. But that’s not happening any time soon.)
30 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (raw or cooked), cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- In a large stock pot, heat the olive oil. Cook the carrots, celery, onion and garlic until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, chicken, quinoa, lemon juice, bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the kale until wilted (this only takes a minute). Season with more salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
You may also like Slow Cooker Meatball, Sweet Potato and Kale Soup!