This Creamy Chicken Bacon Zucchini Noodles recipe is a zucchini noodles recipe topped with a creamy sauce of marinara, chicken, turkey bacon and peas.
There are few things I love more than zoodles. Which is ironic because I don’t even like zucchini!
While spaghetti squash is my true love for low carb pasta alternatives, zucchini noodles are definitely a close second.
This recipe for Creamy Chicken Bacon Zucchini Noodles is one of my new favorite zucchini noodles recipe. Because bacon. Duh.
I find that if I’m using zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash as a pasta replacement, I love a good hearty sauce to fill me up.
This creamy sauce is the perfect fit because it’s filled with chicken, turkey bacon, and Spring peas!
I mean … I’ve never tried a chicken and bacon recipe I didn’t like. (Like these Chicken Bacon Ranch Naan Pizzas. OMG).
A touch of 2% milk and pecorino Romano cheese makes the sauce just a touch creamy and absolutely full of flavor.
Red pepper flakes adds a nice spicy kick, but if you’re not into spice feel free to leave it out.
Next time you’re looking for a new zucchini noodles recipe, give these Creamy Chicken Bacon Zucchini Noodles a try! It’s even great as leftovers.
- 8 slices turkey bacon
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 (15-oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup pecorino romano cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3-4 zucchini, spiralized
- In a large pan, cook turkey bacon until crispy. Remove from the pan, chop and set aside.
- Slice the chicken breast in half lengthwise, then cut into small cubes. Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- In the same pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook chicken in a single layer until no longer pink. Remove and set aside.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil back to the pan with the garlic, peas, red pepper flakes and basil. Cook about 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce and pecorino romano cheese. Stir to combine and continue cooking until cheese melts.
- Stir in milk. Lastly, add back in the chicken and bacon.
- Let the sauce simmer while cooking spiralized zucchini.
- In a separate pan, over medium-high heat, add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Cook zucchini noodles until they're soft and cooked to your desired consistency. Serve zoodles with sauce and enjoy!