Everything Bagel Sweet Potato Rounds combine the flavor of everything bagels with sweet potato fries!
Let’s talk about two things I love: sweet potato rounds and Trader Joe’s.
I make sweet potato rounds at least once per week. They taste very similar to sweet potato fries, but they’re SO much easier to make (cutting sweet potatoes into rounds instead of fries is noticeably easier. Please try it.)
Although I wish I went to Trader Joe’s as often as I make sweet potatoes, it’s more of a once-per-month trip since I recently moved further away from my old TJ’s location. Now, whenever I go, I spend extra time browsing each isle for new food treasures to try.
This Everything But The Bagel Seasoning is one Trader Joe’s item I had been wanting to try for a very long time. I love everything bagels, so I loved the idea of a seasoning blend that could add that flavor to my favorite foods! I’ve seen the seasoning used on avocado toast, as a coating on chicken, and sprinkled on eggs.
I love playing with new ways to season sweet potatoes (like my Curry Baked Sweet Potato Fries) … so I decided to try flavoring my sweet potato rounds with the seasoning and it was a success!
You can choose to peel the potatoes before you bake them; however, I never do because I actually like the taste of the skins (plus … there’s not many things I hate more than peeling potatoes).
The key to making great sweet potato rounds is to cut each round in an even width. This helps them to bake evenly!
If you don’t live near a Trader Joe’s, I found this version of the seasoning on Amazon!
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch rounds (You can peel them, I leave them unpeeled. It's important to cut the potatoes in even thickness so they cook evenly).
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Trader Joe's Everything But The Bagel Seasoning (I just sprinkle it on to taste)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes and olive oil and toss to coat.
- Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray. Arrange sweet potato rounds in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully flip over each round. Sprinkle with seasoning to taste.
- Continue baking for an additional 10 minutes.