This recipe for Best Make-Ahead Peanut Butter Banana Green Smoothie Freezer Packs is a method of freezing smoothie ingredients ahead of time to quickly blend them in the morning.
I’m so excited to share this recipe because it’s one of my #1 favorite things to make ever. Not kidding – I make this recipe about 4 times per week. I always hesitated to post it because of how SIMPLE it is, but the obsession is so real that I want to shout it from the rooftops.
I love smoothie packs because they’re super customizable to fit your tastes (like this berry banana version I made a bit ago). This peanut butter banana version is my tried and true.
There’s just something about a super green smoothie that immediately makes me feel like I’m doing my body a favor.
Best Make-Ahead Peanut Butter Banana Green Smoothie Freezer Packs are smoothies that are prepared ahead of time so that all you have to do in the morning is throw the pack ingredients in your blender with ice and almond milk and you have yourself a super quick smoothie.
The addition of peanut butter and vanilla almond milk to these smoothie packs is what makes it taste amazing – so you don’t need any extra flavor-adders.
It’s also very important to let your bananas get as ripe as possible before you freeze them, so they’re extra sweet. This is the best way to make your smoothies taste sweet enough to not have to add any extra sweetener.
I don’t think I’ll ever live my life not making these Make-Ahead Peanut Butter Banana Green Smoothie Freezer Packs regularly. They literally save my life in the mornings and taste so amazing.
What’s your favorite flavor of smoothie? Tell me in the comments below!
- 1 bag spinach or kale
- 6 very ripe bananas, peeled and diced
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter or almond butter
- 6 teaspoons chia seeds
- 6 teaspoons ground flax seeds
- Unsweet vanilla almond milk (for when you're ready to blend)
- Divide spinach and bananas amongst 6 sandwich bags. Drop 1 tablespoon of peanut butter or almond butter into each bag. Add 1 teaspoon each chia seeds and flax seeds to each bag. Freeze until ready to use.
- When ready to blend, add one smoothie pack to the blender with about 1 cup almond milk and ice (depending on how thick you like your smoothie, use more or less ice). Blend until smooth!