It’s April! Which means … time to get ready for bikini season. Which, therefore means, back to eating paleo. I’ve even created an Instagram account to serve as a sort of food diary. So yes, this is serious.
When trying to come up with a healthy dessert idea to make with my sister, I stumbled across these dark chocolate peanut butter banana bites. They’re the perfect snack to pop after dinner when you need to satisfy a sweet tooth! Plus, with just three ingredients, they’re super easy to make and healthy.
Three cheers for healthy dessert recipes! Your bikini will thank you for making these your go-to dessert.
Don’t be afraid to make a mess. That’s what paper towels are for.
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup creamy nut butter of your choice
- 3/4 cup baking chocolate
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice each banana into thin slices and arrange half the pieces on the baking sheet.
- Spread peanut butter onto each banana slice, then cover each slice with another slice. Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until frozen.
- Place the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave until melted. Stir in the chocolate, and continue to microwave until smooth. Use a fork or spoon to cover each banana bite in chocolate, then place back on the sheet. Freeze for one hour and enjoy!
- Store in freezer and thaw for a few minutes before eating.