Even I continue to be impressed by my ever-increasing cooking skills. Nothing is more exciting than creating a delicious homemade recipe by using simple and relatively cheap ingredients. I would even argue that this soup was better than most soups I’ve tried at restaurants. I call it a stew because I only had one can of stock, and by the time I added all the ingredients it was hardy and thick. But who’s complaining? I also smashed some of the beans before adding them, creating a creamy consistency without dairy! Inspiration came from Post Punk Kitchen.
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup each chopped baby carrots and celery
1 can vegetable stock
1 can white beans
1 cup quinoa
3 leafs kale
Dried thyme, rosemary, black pepper
What you do:
1. Saute garlic, onion, carrot and celery in large shallow pan until soft.
2. Add seasoning and stock; simmer for about 20 minutes.
3. Add quinoa and beans, simmer for about another 10.
4. Add kale, leave it until wilted.
5. ENJOY! Trust me, it tasted way better than it even looks.